Obesity in Kenya
In Kenya, 18% -20 % of the population is overweight. Obesity is increasing at alarming rate. One in three men and more than one in two adult women are overweight and obese.
Who is Obese?
According to World Health Organization, anybody with the Body Mass Index of 30Kg per Square Meter is Obese.
What is Obesity?
Obesity is a condition in which excess body fat has accumulated to an extent that the Body Mass Index exceeds 30Kg per Square Meter.
What are the reasons for weight gain?
- Appetite changes
- High fat diet
- High carbohydrate diet
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Reduced exercise or activity level
- Slowing of metabolism with aging
- Reaction to prior dieting
- Stress eating / comfort binge-eating
- Genetic tendency to obesity
- Water retention
- Recent childbirth – Retaining weight after giving birth is common.
What are the symptoms of Obesity?
- Visceral obesity
- Pendulous Abdomen, Breast, Buttocks
- Heaviness in body
- Bad body odor
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive eating
- Low sex drive
- Low self esteem, etc.
What does Obesity Do?
Your health will be negatively affected, leading to very serious negative physical and mental complications.
What are the complications of Obesity?
Various life threatening diseases such as:
- Hyperlipidaemia – High cholesterol
- Hypertension – High Blood Pressure
- Cardiac Problems
- Irregular Menstrual cycle
- Loss of libido / Sex Drive – leads to relationship conflicts.
- Raised uric acid level, etc.
What is the Cure? How Ayurveda can help.
Ayurveda has much to offer for cure and prevention of Obesity. A complete Holistic treatment to take care of Physical and Mental Health. Daily and seasonal regimes, healthy food, yoga, exercise, Panchakarma (Detoxification) & medications.
Panchakarma (Detoxification) Therapies for obesity:
Snehan (Oliation) with medicated oils – specially designed for obesity
Swedana (Steam)- For specific time.
Udavartana (Medicated Powder massage)
Virechana (purgation) depending upon your constitution.
Basti (Medicated enemas) – Different varieties of Fat scrapping medicated enemas.
All these therapies are given according to the body constitution of an individual. All these and many other Authentic Ayurvedic Panchakarma (Detoxification) therapies are available at our center.